Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Escape: sad news

This is difficult news to break....Stuart Olson, one of The Escape's guitarists and principal songwriters, is out of the band. Stu and I always connected on an artistic level, and he added a great deal to the performance aspect of The Escape/Reality Stricken whenever I saw them in person, so it's a tough loss for me to deal with. Click here to read the band's official statement.

I am still promoting the Signal Fire EP, which you might remember being the band's last release as Reality Stricken and first as The Escape. EP promotion is not easy; a lot of investigation and elimination of publications, a lot of trial and error, and even in this day and age, I have to ignore otherwise suitable magazines because they won't review anything less than a full-length album. Trying to avoid the fatal mistake of sending out too many CDs, we are nevertheless sending some out (and digital copies when we can!) and here's hoping we get some more reviews on this thing.

Meanwhile, don't forget all the Josh and Pete Band news from my previous posts, and....I thought a new Bad Apples review was forthcoming......I'll need to check on that one.....

No comments:

Post a Comment